A residence in Saint-Ludger-de-Milot, Lac-Saint-Jean, has been destroyed by the flames, Saturday afternoon.
The fire department received the call at around 13: 30 to intervene in the 181 way of the Serene Lake. Upon their arrival, the conflagration was widespread.
The flames originated on the second floor, inside the wall near the outdoor fireplace the wood-burning stove in the residence, said Ted Ratté, a captain in the fire Department, Alma, during a telephone interview. The landlord, who had smelled a burnt smell, was able to evacuate in time.
A dozen firefighters from Saint-Ludger-de-Milot, Saint-Henri-de-Taillon, and Sainte-Monique has worked to control the blaze.
The owner, his wife and the two children from the residence were taken care of Sunday morning by the Red Cross.
Losses are estimated at approximately 175 000 $.